Sonntag, 23. August 2015

Nelidova Dress + Accessories = Pictures! (finally)

Ever since I started historical sewing, I wanted to recreate Yekaterina Nelidova's dress, worn in a painting dated 1773.
//Seit ich das Gemälde von 1773 zum ersten mal sah, wollte ich das Kleid von Yekaterina Nelidova nachschneidern.

The dress itself has been finished for nearly a year now. Still I did not take pictures of it. My idea was to mimic the painting. Therefor I needed some accessories: a hat, a lace apron, pearl earrings and a cross necklace. Yep, it took me a looong time to buy and / or make them. Finally I convinced my brother to take pictures of me in the finished ensemble. Prepare for the ultimate comparison...
//Das Kleid selbst ist schon seit fast einem Jahr fertig. Dennoch hatte ich noch keine Fotos gemacht, denn ich wollte das Gemälde möglichst genau nachstellen. Dafür fehlten noch Accessoires: ein Hut, eine Spitzenschürze, Perlenohrringe und eine Kreuzkette. Jep, es hat echt lange gedauert, die Sachen zu kaufen und / oder zu basteln. Schließlich konnte ich nun meinen Bruder dazu überreden, mich im fertigen Ensemble zu fotografieren. Hier kommt der ultimative Vergleich...




And how well I mimic her facial expression, right?
YAY! :)

I am very pleased of how it turned out. Sure it is not an exact copy of her look but a pretty decent one, I think. (And though my version is missing rocks, a spring and a sky with threatening clouds, the perspectives are alike - thanks to diffrent bushes in the background and a line of earth instead of a ditch filled with water :D)
//Ich bin sehr zufrieden mit dem Gesamtbild. Es ist natürlich keine exakte Kopie ihrer Erscheinung, aber ich denke, ich hab das ganz gut gemacht. (Und obwohl in meiner Version die Felsen, die Quelle und der Himmel voller bedrohlicher Wolken fehlen, sind die Bildachsen sehr ähnlich - dank der unterschiedlichen Büsche im Hintergrund und dem Streifen Erde anstelle eines Wassergräbchens :D)

A bit more about foundation garments and accessories and more pictures after the cut...
//Weitere Ausführungen zu Unterkleidung und Accessoires und mehr Bilder nach dem Schnitt...




front view without posing (exepct that wonderful face, I know.)
side view

back view (I find there's a lack of back view pictures of dresses on the internet. Do more back view pics!)





The dress is worn over chemise and stays as well as a small bumroll and a prequilted petticoat (and it doesn't look like the painting. Achieving silhouettes is truly a riddle.)
//Ich trage das Kleid über Chemise und Mieder, sowie Weiberspeck und einem wattierten Unterrock. (und es sieht nicht aus wie auf dem Gemälde. Die richtige Silhouette zu kriegen ist echt schwer.)

Shoes: American Duchess Kensingtons
Apron: Made from IKEA Sunrid fabric and bias tape, cost: 1,50€. Easiest and cheapest project ever.
Hat: was once a place mat. Cut apart and sewn together again in a diffrent way (there are some tutorials on the internet, at least in German). Then decorated with pink ribbon and a false pink peony (It was so hard to find a neat looking pink plastic flower!).
Necklace: Claire's
Earrings: Bijou Brigitte, although altered from normal earrings to earclips.

//Schuhe: American Duchess Kensingtons
Schürze: Aus Sunrid Stoff von IKEA und Schrägband. Kosten: 1,50€. Super einfach, super günstig.
Hut: war mal ein Tischset. Auseinandergeschnitten und neu zusammengenäht (es gibt dazu einige gute Anleitungen im Internet). Dann dekoriert mit rosa Bändern und einer unechten rosafarbenen Pfingstrose (Es war so schwer, eine hübsche rosafarbene Kunstblume zu finden!).
Kette: Claire's
Ohrringe: Bijou Brigitte, allerdings von "echten" Ohrringen in Clips geändert.

This is my favorite dress I made so far. It is so pretty! And I finally have some accessories for the 18th century (more to come!). I'm actually a bit sad that this project is done now. :)
//Dieses Kleid ist mein bisheriges Lieblingskleid. Es ist so hübsch! Und endlich habe ich mal ein paar Accessoires für das 18. Jahrhundert (weitere werden folgen...). Ich bin fast ein bisschen traurig, dass dieses Projekt nun abgeschlossen ist. :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen